We use Correlation Light and Electron Microscopy (CLEM).
1) Photoetch gridded coverslip for chemical fix.
2) Gridded glass-bottom dish by photo-etch for chemical fix.
3) Gridded sapphire coverslip by carbon-coat for HPF.
1) Culture tissue cells on the gridded coverslips.
2) Observe cells using FM or phase contrast LM with gridded patterns.
3) Chemically fix with glutar/paraformaldehyde (or vitrificate by high-pressure freezing).
4) Plastic embedding.
5) Trim the gridded pattern on the plastic.
7) Conventional 2D-TEM (or Gatan 3View system).