Single Particle Analysis with Cryo EM
We use single particle analysis for purified protein-complexes.
1) Wash Quantifoil grids with acetone.
2) Vitrificate purified protein-complexes on the grid by FEI Vitrobot.
3) Set the cryo grids on the sample holder.
4) General alignments.
5) Start the FEI EPU (Atlas acquisition/square selection/ice filter location selection/template definition/automated acquisition for automatic image acquisition on Ceta16 & Falcon2 direct electron detectors.
6) Image processing by EMAN & RELION (particle classification/align & average classes/3D model/projections/repeat procedures).